Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a new strain that was discovered in 2019 and has not been previously identified in humans.
(says WHO : https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus)
First described in detail in the 1960s, the coronavirus gets its name from a distinctive corona or ‘crown’ of sugary-proteins that projects from the envelope surrounding the particle. Encoding the virus’s make-up is the longest genome of any RNA-based virus – a single strand of nucleic acid roughly 26,000 to 32,000 bases long.
According to Dr. Mariea Snell, Assistant Director of the Online Doctor of Nursing Program at Maryville University, the size of COVID-19 is approximately 0.125 microns.
There are four known genuses in the family, named Alphacoronavirus, Betacoronavirus, Gammacoronavirus, and Deltacoronavirus. The first two only infect mammals, including bats, pigs, cats, and humans. Gammacoronavirus mostly infects birds such as poultry, while Deltacoronavirus can infect both birds and mammals.
You can see the Worldwide corona virus Counts provided by WHO by Visiting Here : https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/685d0ace521648f8a5beeeee1b9125cd
How to prevent Corona from Expanding or save yourself?
There are some simple steps that you can stop corona Virus from spreading.
- Stop touching your face – eyes, nose, mouth.
- You have to keep your hands busy so you can stop yourself with touching face.
- You must have tissue with yourself so if you want to touch your face then you can’t directly touch face and after using tissue in such situation Discard it to trash.
- Remind yourself that do not touch your face, It is very important because Corona Virus can simply spread or enter in your body if you touch your face and mouth eventually , it can be very harmful.
- Wash your Hands frequently.
- Use Hand Sanitisers if available.
- Take shower/Bath with hot water.
- Drink light Hot water frequently.
- Prevent to go in public area where are many people in small place like Theater, Malls, indoor public places for some time.
- Use mask if available, corona virus are small particles but we can stop by masks and handkerchief also.
(* we can’t sure information provided here are work 100% for you. These are suggestions from doctors.)